More than 2,500 students live in Cardinal Village. Each furnished room features:
- two private bedrooms
- a shared bathroom
- living area
Cardinal Village residents also have access to:
- swimming pool
- basketball and volleyball courts
- community centers
- meeting rooms
- on-site laundry facilities
LU’s dining hall offers food-court-style service while Mirabeau's and the Cardinal Nest in the Setzer Student Center serve fast food favorites, including Starbucks coffee.
Locations inside Cardinal Village and the Rec Sports Center provide convenient dining options as well. Off-campus options near LU include Subway, Sonic and locally owned Kampus Korner.
You can have fun and stay fit at the Sheila Umphrey Recreational Sports Center. This facility includes:
- 43- foot Rock Climbing Wall
- Indoor Walking Track
- The latest Workout Equipment
- Basketball, Racquetball, and Volleyball Courts
- Game Room and Lounge
- Group Fitness Classes and much more!
Lamar University students have an automatic membership!!
LU is a short drive from many outdoor adventures:
- a day at the beach
- fishing on area rivers and lakes
- hiking in the Big Thicket National Preserve
Nearby shopping and entertainment options abound with theaters, museums and live music venues.