Housing and Residence Life
Dear Future Cardinal!
We’re so excited that you are considering Lamar University and look forward to meeting you. Cardinal Village has so much to offer its residents, and we hope that you will be a part of our growing Community!
At Cardinal Village, you’ll enjoy apartment style living in a fully-furnished unit with everything you need to college life: a private bedroom, mini-refrigerator, microwave, computer desk, cable TV ready rooms, and high speed internet.
Our facility offers two-bedroom, one-bathroom units, providing each student with their own private, locked bedroom as well as a wide range of services, programs and community amenities.
On Campus Living Requirements for Freshman
The Board of Regents has established a freshman residency policy that states: " All Undergraduate, full-time students (those enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours) with fewer that 24 earned semester credit hours, are required to reside in a University-operated residence hall." Exemptions may be granted for those who:
1. Reside with a parent, guardian, or other adult relative;
2. Are 21 years of age by the first class day;
3. Enroll only in evening classes;
4. Are married or have dependent children;
5. Have medical exemption signed by a doctor; or
6. Have earned 24 or more credit hours.
Official documentations verifying exemptions to this policy may be required by the University Housing Office. Questions concerning this policy should be directed to the Cardinal Village Housing Office.
To begin your application process, simply follow these easy steps:
1. Send an E-mail to Housing@Lamar.edu
Include the following information:
- Semester/Year in which you will live here
- Student ID
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
2. Make your down payment of $150.
This can be done in one of two ways:
1. In person at the Cashiers’ Office located in the Wimberly Building
2. Pay online with the Lamar University Student Account Suite. Login with your student identification number and your 6-digit PIN, then click eDeposits.
The website will take you from there. This step must be completed before a username/password can be issued to complete your housing registration. This down payment will then be applied to the first semester of the lease agreement.
*Please note that any student who makes the down payment, but does not move in to Cardinal Village, will forfeit the amount, as it is non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE: MIRABEAU SCHOLARS AND ATHLETES WITH FULL HOUSING SCHOLARSHIPS WILL NOT NEED TO PAY THE $150.00.
3. Receive your Cardinal Village username and password
Once your down payment has been made, within approximately 48 hours, you will then be assigned a username/password that you will use to log-in and complete your housing application.
4. Begin your online application
After you receive your username and password, you will log on to our application portal and begin the application process.
5. Submit your Parent/Guardian Housing contract approval form.
Please complete this form only if you are a parent or guardian of a Lamar University or Lamar Institute of Technology student who is
1.) under the age of 18 and
2.) applying for space in university housing on the Lamar University campus.
- Fax to: 409-880-8522
- Scan and email to: Housing@Lamar.edu
- Mail to: PO Box 10040, Beaumont TX 77710
6. Select your room
When the portal opens on the dates below, you will have an opportunity to select your own room. You will also be able to view potential roommates and their profiles to see if they would be a good match. If you have someone in mind that you would like to room with, both individuals will need to log on and select the same room.
After selecting a room, you will have the option of contacting your new roommate. This feature will be on your confirmation page that lists the room and the two roommates.
7. Move in!
Moving in to your new home is a very exciting time. Be sure to check out our What to Bring and What Not to Bring page.
- Returning Student Move-In: TBA
- New/Incoming Move-In: TBA
*Please note that we do not provide dollies during move-in.
For more information and a full list of amenities, visit our website at http://www.lamar.edu/residence-life .