Skip to content
Transfer Academic Excellence Scholarship
|3.5 - 4.0
|3.0 - 3.49
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
|3.0 - 4.0
Eligibility Requirements for Transfer Academic Excellence and PTK Scholarships
- Must be a Texas resident at the time of admission
- Must have earned at least 30, but no more than 90, transferable semester credit hours.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Lamar University. Apply today at applytexas.org
- Students are reviewed automatically for the Transfer Academic Excellence Scholarship scholarships when admitted.
- For consideration for PTK scholarship, students must apply directly through their Personalized Scholarship Portal at www.lamar.edu/myscholarships.
- Proof of PTK membership is required and must be uploaded in the Scholarship Portal. Proof of membership can include any ONE of the following:
- A copy of an active PTK membership card
- A current PTK certificate
- An official letter from a PTK advisor verifying membership
- Scholarships are subject to the availability of funds
- These scholarships are only awarded to students who, at the time of admission, have a cumulative transferable GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- These scholarships are awarded for fall or spring semesters to new transfer students.
- These scholarships may be used in addition to other grants, scholarships or loans.
Scholarship Renewal Requirements
- Be admitted and continuously enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree-seeking program at Lamar University
- Renewable awards are for a maximum of six consecutive semesters
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours for full-time status per semester at LU
- Maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher
- Register for classes by the registration deadline each semester